Thursday, February 5, 2009

Barry Take Your Base



***SPOILER ALERT: NON YANKEE MATERIAL AHEAD***

The media should do what most pitchers did during Barry Bonds' career — let him walk. LEAVE BARRY ALONE! Ultimately MLB is the most guilty in all of this mess. They profited from the steroid era the most. I know it's absurd to pay a guy $45 million to hit a baseball but MLB makes even more from ticket sales, licensing, merchandise, tv deals...etc. MLB could have just kept this all internal, taught all of its players about the potential hazards OR benefits from using these drugs. Remember cortisone is a drug too yet no one has a problem when a pitcher gets a shot in the arm so he can be available for a game. It is a shame that MLB won't even stand behind Barry or any of its players involved in this media manifested mess. I don't care what evidence is presented. If his stats are going to have an asterick, then I also want all of my money back from MLB. I have bought tickets, subscribed to watch games on its site, and bought merchandise. I will always tip my cap to Barry, but I wag my finger at MLB.

No comments: